The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Loving family time, warm weather, spring buds and new clothes!

Saturday was a long, fun and productive day. Garrett and Grayson slept until about 10:30. Bella and I, on the other hand, were up at 8:00. The girl loves food. When she wakes up she will play happily until you ask her if she is hungry. If you ask her if she is hungry and don't pick her up immediately to take her downstairs to eat, she throws a major fit. I made the mistake of asking her right away if she was hungry. It only took about 5 seconds before she threw herself back on the bed, back arched and screaming. She knows what she is doing I guess--I got right up to stop her crying. We went downstairs and made pancakes for the two of us. Soon Grayson got up and joined us downstairs, and then we all went upstairs to wake up Garrett.
We went outside and did some yard work. Garrett one of the trees out of our front yard. Neither of us have ever liked that particular tree. We both felt it was in an awkward place in the yard. While Garrett worked on the tree, I just sat on the porch and watched the kids enjoy the sun. They were loving the hose--mostly the water. They had their little bowls that they were filling up with water. Getting soaked. They were playing with Hank and loving it. Bella was into Hanks water--again, soaking herself. And, they were playing in the dirt. At the end of the day they were SO filthy. It made me smile. I thought, "A dirty kid is a happy one." Dirt on a child means time spent outside in warm weather. Doesn't get better than that. 



I was also walking around the yard doing this and that. I walked around back to look at the BEAUTIFUL apricot tree that is in bloom in our backyard. I can't get enough of it. The tree was literally humming--there were hundreds of bees buzzing around the blossoms. I also admired the tulips coming up in my flower beds. Ahhh, so excited for spring!

After we finished our business in the yard, Bryan and Shae came over and we BBQ'd some bratwurst. Yum. We sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine while it lasted.
Once they left, we hopped in the car to go clothes shopping for the kids. Grayson desperately needed a new pair of church pants. The ones he has been wearing are total floods. They come above his ankles. They are 3T's, but way too short. We went to The Children's Place (LOVE that store!!!) and got some seriously cute stuff for both Grayson and Bella. We ended up getting Grayson church pants that were 4T's. They fit perfectly. I'm convinced that the kid is going to be huge. Tall, I mean. We also stopped by Old Navy to get some summer flip flops. 
When we got home, the kids went right into the bathtub (SERIOUSLY dirty), ate some dinner and went straight to bed. I think we were all pooped really. Garrett and I watched the new Footloose--I loved it--and finally went to bed. It was a long day, but so fun. Really, the whole weekend was awesome. I love my little family.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

A perfect day.