The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I wasn't going to do anything for St. Patrick's Day--then I was at work the night before and my friend brought the stuff she was doing for her kids, and I decided to do it as well. It was so fun. A little leprechaun came to our house and left footprints from our bedrooms to our kitchen table where a little treat and some lucky charms were waiting for them. Grayson loved it. When he got up and saw the footprints for the first time, he just looked at them and said, "Hmmm". Then he got more excited as I was telling him what they were all about. Garrett actually got up an hour earlier than us and made us some green pancakes. The kids loved it--and so did I.










Later that day we went to dinner at Los Hermanos with my dad and sisters family. We had so much fun, and Grayson loved seeing his cousins. I actually didn't know if we would be able to go because Bella was feeling a little bit sick that day--she just had a fever and wasn't that happy. She seemed to be feeling a little bit better, so we went and had a great time. 

After we came home from dinner and put the kids to bed, Garrett and I watched "The Help". If you haven't seen that movie, watch it. I totally loved it. It is about racism in regards to black people--based probably in the 1940's-1950's. Such a powerful movie. I was totally bawling in the end. I was feeling so grateful for all of the freedoms that we enjoy today. The movie also reminded me how grateful I am for my role as a mother. The black women in the movie left their own children to be raised by someone else while they raised another persons white baby. I was feeling so grateful that I am able to be home with my kids for the most part and be able to experience their lives with them. I went and picked Bella up out of her bed and just snuggled/loved her for about 30 minutes before I put her back in her bed and went to sleep.

Overall, a really great day. I loved spending time with my family.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Love the St. Patty's day celebrating. ;)