The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Date Night

Friday night was date night. I worked Thursday night and the girls and I talked about doing a group date with our husbands. When I got up, I talked to Garrett about it and we decided that we would get a babysitter and go. So glad we did.

Garrett's dad came over to watch the kids and brought them kids meals from Wendy's. They were excited. We left and met the rest of the group at the movie theater in American Fork. We had all decided that we wanted to go see The Hunger Games which came out that same weekend. The seating at that theater is all assigned seating, so we had bought six seats that were all together so we could sit with each other. When we walked into the theater to find our seats, there were only 4 open seats. My friends husband asked the people who were sitting in our seats whether they were in the right seats. They insisted that they had tickets for those seats. I didn't want to make a big deal of it, so I told everyone to just go sit down there and Garrett and I would find different seats. The theater was pretty much packed at this point. We found two seats next to each other and sat down. About 2 minutes later, a couple walked in and told us that they were in their seats. SO, we got up and found another two seats that were next to each other. About 2 minutes later another couple walked in and claimed their seats. I was starting to feel a little silly walking all around the theater--I'm sure other people thought that we were just stealing other people's seats. It was awesome. We finally walked back up to our original seats to talk to the people that were sitting in them. As it turns out, their seats were originally split up--one on the end of the row and one in the middle of the row. I guess they didn't think they needed to tell us that--they just claimed the seats instead. It turns out that all we needed to do was ask everyone to move down a seat (to the empty seat that was actually one of theirs) so that we could all sit together. I couldn't believe that they watched us walk around the whole theater looking for a seat and failed to mention that they really were in our seats. Kinda rude. They were irritated that we asked them to move down a seat. I was lucky enough to sit by them and hear them grumble.

Besides all of that, the movie was great. I think I liked it even more than the book.

After the movie, we went to Red Mango and just hung out and talked for about 2 hours. It was SO fun! It was nice having our husbands with us. Usually when the girls from work get together it's just for a girls night. I love girls night too, but it was nice to have a date night. That way I was able to spend the night with Garrett while still being able to feel like I got a girls night in. So fun.

We ended up getting home close to midnight, so it was a pretty late night. Grayson was still awake--apparently he kept telling grandpa that he wanted to wait for us to get home. He was so trashed. He gave me a nice big hug when I walked into the door, and we went straight upstairs to bed.

I love me a good date night.

Me and my girls being silly and posing next to a movie poster of a movie we didn't even see. Love these two ladies.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so bummed we couldn't go. I could never get a hold of Tyler in time and plus I thought he probably wouldn't want to go because he is studying like crazy for boards. Tomorrow is the big day!! Then I'll have my hubby back. Anyways, when he got home he was like...."oh I would have wanted to go." Grrr!! It was too late by then. :(