The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Saturday, March 03, 2012

An Interesting View on Fruit Snacks

I have been so busy the last couple of weeks. There has just been a lot going on. This past week has been especially busy. On Sunday, I took the kids to church by myself because Garrett drove to Idaho with a friend to help him with a favor. That turned out to be pretty miserable. Bella had just taken off walking, and it was definitely a full-time job trying to keep both her and Grayson in our row. It was actually impossible. We sat in our seats for about ten minutes, and during that time Bella ran off twice (and started screaming each time I went to pick her up), threw herself on the floor at least three times because she was mad about something and cried, and Grayson ran away once. After those ten minutes, we went out into the foyer and the kids were even crazy there. By the end, I found an empty classroom that the three of us sat in until sacrament meeting was over. THEN, Grayson threw a fit because he didn't want to go to his class, and Bella was fussing because she hadn't gotten a good nap before church. It was just stressful.

After church, we went to my sisters house for the ordination of my nephew to a deacon. It was fun being there and visiting with family. Afterward, we went to see my grandpa who is in the hospital. He fell a couple of weeks ago and broke his hip. During surgery he suffered a few strokes also. It's been a long, tough recovery for him. It was nice to sit by his bedside and hold his had and listen to him tell stories. It made me feel so much love for my grandpa and so grateful for his influence in my life. I love that man.

Monday night was really busy also. We had a long day and then headed up to my sister-in-law's house for my niece Hazel's second birthday. We had another fun night hanging out with the family and watching The Bachelor together. 

Tuesday and Wednesday nights I worked. It's now Saturday morning and I worked last night also. I had a busy night with four deliveries and four recoveries. I'm pretty much pooped.

BUT, my favorite quote from the past week came from Grayson. It was last Saturday (a week ago from today). Garrett and I were upstairs with the kids getting them ready for bed. Grayson told me that he had to go to the bathroom, so I went in there with him to help him. He pooped just a little and peeked at it in the toilet. He looked at me with wide eyes and exclaimed,

 "It's a fruit snack, Mom!"  

I couldn't help laughing. I called Garrett into the bathroom and Grayson said the same thing to him, and Garrett started laughing too. We got him cleaned up from the bathroom and went into his room. He was being so goofy and just cracking us up. He was dancing and running around. He started saying over and over, "It looks like a fruit snack!" Eventually it turned into "It's like a Buzz Lightyear fruit snack!" That kid... He had me laughing so hard that night. I sure do love him. He keeps life interesting, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That's a charming name for a poop. ;)