The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Friday, January 19, 2007

Team Swingers

I'm getting kind of addicted to this blogging thing. Here I go writing again. I thought it was about time to introduce Team Swingers (aka Team Table II). The original Team Table was created two semesters ago. It's members included: Jed Leifson, Alan Pannier, Katie Connor and myself. We met in our physiology class at Westminster. We happened to sit at the same table together on the first day. The beginning was rough--Katie and I were a little upset that they joined the table, but eventually we all began talking and became friends quite instantly. We had multiple study sessions that usually ended up in hot tubbing, movies or other such activities. Basically our weekends were set together. This is a picture of the original Team Table:


We had many good times together. This August, however, Alan left us to go on a mission to Argentina. This left Katie, Jed and I as a threesome. Thankfully we found a replacement. Spencer replaced Alan and helped us create Team Table II (aka Team Swingers--Spence thinks that he is part of a new era and therefore the name should be changed). The wonderful thing about TT2 is that we are all in the nursing program together, so we have many opportunities to be together at school. Not only are we together in school, but we spend as much time out of school as possible. The original team members have decided that this team is more functional than the last. It was established tonight that we are a family. Spence and I are the parents and Kate and Jed are the children. Our last name is Swinger. Starla acts as Kate, Spence as Noel, Christa as Lavina Rosecrest and Jed is something... The point is we love to be together and this is my family away from home. Today we went shopping for scrubs and found what we were looking for. After shopping, we stopped by Costco and ended up staying there for about two hours--we basically picked up on lunch there. Tonight we went to Desert Star. It is a playhouse in Murray. It was really fun. We had a good time. Here are some pictures of TT2:

Me, Katie, Jed and Spencer

3 comments:

Casee said...

How fun! Christa, Jed Leifson is from Spanish Fork, huh? I knew that he looked familiar. I didn't know him, but I knew of him, I think he is year younger than me (I am 24) is that right? Anyway, it looks like you have some fun friends, that is awesome! You are adorable, keep in touch.

Christa said...

Yeah that would be Jed. He played baseball for sure in high school and he might have played basketball. But yes ma'am--he is from Spanish Fork, so I'm sure you went to high school together. That is fun! I'll have to ask him about you. Actually, I think he saw some of yours and Liz's marathon pictures once upon a time and recognized you as well.

Casee said...

Yeah, I wasn't too familiar with him, but he definitely looks familiar. That is cool, I am glad you are having a good time!