The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Reflections...

On Saturday night I was down in Spanish Fork with Spencer and Jed. Spence and I went down there to visit Jed as he was watching his brother while his parents were out of town. We all went to dinner and watched a movie--it was really fun. All during the night I was thinking about how blessed I have been with such good friends. That seems to be a common thought occupying my mind lately. When Spence and I were driving back up to Salt Lake at the end of the night the music was loud, and we were both in and out of singing with the songs. During the moments I wasn't singing or talking to Spence, I was looking out of the window and reflecting on my life in the past year and how much it has changed. A year ago today I was still unhappy about living in Salt Lake, I hadn't found my group of friends yet and I felt very alone. I feel so blessed because now I wouldn't change my situation. I LOVE where I am. I have grown so much. The friends that I have gained mean so much to me and they have taught me a lot about who I am. I have also learned a lot about my worth as a daughter of God. I have come to realize how important each and every one of us are in the eyes of our Creator. It's been incredible to me as I have looked back on my life and realized that every choice I have made has gotten me to where I am now. This seems really obvious, but it really hit home to me that my choices today affect my future. I feel like I'm rambling on and not really connecting ideas or thoughts here, but it makes sense to me. Basically I felt so much gratitude for my life, my family, my friends and the experiences I have been able to have the past year with people who mean everything to me. And that is pretty much it--

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it made me smile when i read your new blog, you have grown and changed a lot but it is for the good, i love it, you are amazing and you have so much strenght and you have gone throw some hard stuff in your life, i am glad to have been a part of some of it!! i love you and it is amazing when we come to the point of joy and happieness for everything that our heavenly father has given us and look back on our past and know it was for our growth,!! babe i love you and miss you!!! you are amazing and im so lucky to know you!!!!

yours forever
garrett groesbeck

Elizabeth said...

Awh. Isn't it cool when you look back on your life and just feel that sublime, simple, lovely feeling of gratitude? I find myself doing that a lot lately, too.

Messimoo said...

Can I tell you how much I love reading your blog? It's so fun to see your experiences and see how you've changed even in the small amount of time I've known you. You amazing!