The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Saturday, September 01, 2007

it's been a while

I know it has been a while since I last blogged. Life has been pretty crazy for me lately, and more so now that school has started up again. The biggest news in my life is that I am engaged. Garrett and I got engaged on August 13th while we were in Bear Lake with my family. It was a surprise to me--I had expected it to come after we got home. I was grateful he asked though--I was starting to get really impatient with him :). So...That is the biggest piece of news for me. We are thinking about getting married on December 14th at the moment. We will be getting married in the Salt Lake temple. I am really excited, but I'm also very nervous. I'm trying to figure out how to transition smoothly from just dating to being engaged to being married. It is kind of overwhelming. AND...the idea of marriage kind of freaks me out, but I know it is the right thing to do, so I know I have to go with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited and it is what I want completely, it is just overwhelming and kind of scary at times because it IS such a huge change. I'm really looking forward to it though. There couldn't be anyone better for me than Garrett. We have been best friends for 6 years and together for 5. I've been so grateful for him in my life--he has been there every step of the journey for quite some time.
Well, school has started up again. I'm so grateful to get back into school, but oh my goodness it is already SO stressful! I had a break down this week because I just felt like I couldn't handle the stress anymore. It had been a long day at school, and I didn't do as well on a test as I had expected. Also, in my history class I feel completely lost because I'm not a history buff--AT ALL. The professor talks to us as if we should already know everything he is talking about and I am TOTALLY lost. I was so frustrated. I got into the car to go home and called Garrett to see where he was. He said he was home but would come over in a few minutes. I started driving home and started crying. When I pulled up to the house, Garrett was there waiting for me. He had been there all along and wanted to surprise me. When I got out of the car, I hugged him and tried to keep my emotions in for a few minutes, but then I just started crying all over again. He was good about it and talked me through it. I guess I wonder sometimes about becoming a nurse. Am I really cut out for being a nurse? I know that everyone probably takes a second thought when it comes to their major--it's just that sometimes I don't feel like I have brains enough to actually go through with it. Of course I will continue--I really think that there isn't any thing else for me but nursing, but sometimes it is just so overwhelming. These last two weeks that school has been in, I feel like I haven't had time to BREATHE because I have so much reading/studying pressing on me. I just hope that as I get into the school routine, that things will (not get easier--I'm not expecting that at all) improve a little as I realize that all of these things we have to do are stretched out over 3 months. I hope so :).
My family went to Bear Lake this summer and it was really fun! The last family vacation we took was quite some time ago, and so it was nice to be able to spend some time with them. We don't get enough time together. SO... Here are some pictures of some of the events talked about in this blog:






















































































9 comments:

Messimoo said...

BEAUTIFUL ring! Yippee!!!! I am so excited for you. As for the overwhelming, nervous transition thingy into marriage, anyone who is married has been there done that. No worries Girly! You're great and will do wonderful in everything this semester!

Geo said...

Oh, Christa, I'm so happy for you. I wish I'd known about your news at Anna's baby blessing—I'd have given you some gut-squeezing congratulations! : 0

Marriage IS huge, and it's natural to feel overwhelmed. But it will be beautiful, and it sounds like you have the perfect partner to do all of this emotional, wonderful transitioning with. Being able to say that your sweetheart . . . your HUSBAND! . . . is your best friend is the surest, sweetest way to start. You've certainly got what it takes to have a happy home, and to be successful in your nursing career too. All of it will seem easier to you with practice, as your capacities expand. Growth is hard. Growth is incredible. Growth bears delicious fruit!

Heavenly Father loves to help and protect his children. You've got every right to tap into that strength.

God bless you and your sweet Garrett! Tell him I think he's brilliant!

Geo said...

That face should have been one of these—

: )

Casee said...

Oh, I am SO glad you posted. Congratulations!! Liz told me a few weeks ago that you were engaged and I couldn't wait to tell you how happy I am! You and Garrett are so perfect for each other and I am so happy for you both!

You are going to do great, in everything, I am sure of that. Marriage is so wonderful, it is hard at times, but you are going to love it! It is so nice to know that you will always have someone to lean on and be your best friend. It is going to be great!

And as far as school goes, I am sure that it is so overwhelming, especially with work and planning a wedding and everything else that is going on. But you are a smart and a determined girl, and I know that you are going to do great this semester. And you are going to realize more and more that nursing is right for you. You are awesome, and I am sure that everything is going to swimmingly for you!

p.s. I love you ring! It is so lovely. Congrats again!

Elizabeth said...

YAY! I was looking at that photo of you and Garrett after you got engaged, and you guys even LOOK similar to me. :) It will be lovely and things will work out great. Don't give up on nursing or think that it's not for you...you're brilliant and you are so passionate about it. It's what you love, and that alone will make you good at it. I think everyone has times where they feel lost in stuff, but you'll make it through.
Love you bunches.
And yes, the ring looks lovely. :)

Elizabeth said...

p.s. I've missed your posts! I am so glad you posted again.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Christa...even though your soon-to-be-hubbie made my chest hurt for a week!!

Anybody wanna go tubing?!

Messimoo said...

Hey Christa, I locked my blog so now it is private. I don't have your email address to add you. If you're interested email me at jssc_busgyt@yahoo.com

Congrats again, and when I said we've all been there done that, I meant that we all no how you feel, so don't feel bad about feeling that way. Does that make sense?

Utah Mom with BA said...

congratulations Christa!! i am so excited for you. you are a great match together!!