The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Monday, March 09, 2009

This is Garrett


Yes, this is my husband. Oh how I love him. In the past weeks, I have grown a great appreciation for one of his defining characteristics. He is goofy. 100% goofy. I have always appreciated his ability to look at things optimistically and his ability to put a smile on peoples faces. I have to admit, however, that at times the "goofyness" has driven me nuts! Just a few months ago Garrett's mother passed away. The weeks following her passing were very hard, and Garrett was not himself. This scared me, and I realized how much I loved his personality and how it usually was. During this time, I got to see a somber Garrett--which was very appropriate, but I still missed my goofy husband who always makes me smile. Since that time, his personality has come back to life, and I appreciate him all the more for who he is. There are many things that I love about him. To name a few:

I love that he loves the outdoors.

I love that he loves being a dad.

I love that he thinks style is stupid--although sometimes I wish he cared.

I love that he supports me in everything.

I love that he's not afraid to be himself.

I love that he wants to live a simple life in the country.

I love that he is a true cowboy at heart.

Ah... So many things. Most of all I love him because he loves me.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love him because he loves you too. But I think Garrett's really great, too. There is a lot you could appreciate about him.

Riley said...

Cool blog! I will fo sho follow it!

Geo said...

I'm glad to know your sweetheart's healing. Love to you both!

Casee said...

What a sweet tribute. Garrett sounds like quite a guy!