The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Monday, March 30, 2009

Sweet Thoughts

Yesterday after coming home from church, Garrett and I decided to take a nap. I absolutely love Sunday naps! As we were lying there in bed, I couldn't help but think about how wonderful my life is. I had Garrett curled up next to me on one side, and Grayson sweetly sleeping next to me on the other. I could feel Garrett's warm body next to me, and I could hear my little boy madly sucking his fingers. I couldn't help but think...I've got my whole life right here with me. What could be better than having my two greatest loves sleeping next to me? Later that evening as Garrett and I were getting ready to go to bed, I lay curled up next to Garrett with my head on his chest listening to the lub-dub of his beating heart. It reminded me of two things. The first is how precious life is. It's so precious and fragile, and I should take full advantage of the time that I have to spend with loved ones. The other thought that came to my mind was a memory. It was right before Garrett left on his mission and we were sitting in my dad's kitchen late at night. I was sitting on the counter and Garrett was standing between my legs. We were talking about him leaving, and I was getting emotional. At some point in the conversation, Garrett told me that everything would be alright. He took my hand and placed it on his heart and told me that his heart would always be mine. Luckily, he was right :). One more thought, and I'm sorry because I know this is so scattered. We were reading The Book of Mormon last night in Moroni. We were reading about how "charity suffereth long" and talking about it. We talked about how no matter what comes our way, we are in this life together and we are going to persevere through whatever is dealt to us. I know that we will hit hard times. I know that life won't always be easy, but I'm grateful that I have someone to go through it with. But, despite all of those hard things that are bound to come our way, I just have to say...life is so sweet right now.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It's nice to be needed and loved, and to love other people so much that it hurts.

Casee said...

Don't you just love moments like that, that remind you how blessed you are and how precious every moment is? Thanks for sharing, I needed a little reminder, myself.