The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Monday, March 23, 2009

My Top 30 Favorite Songs--In No Particular Order

1. Sting--Fields of Gold (one of the most romantic songs, I believe)
2. Indigo Girls--Power of Two (memories of my lovely sisters)
3. Indigo Girls--Leaving
4. Mana--Rayando El Sol (thanks to Dave @ The Lion House for making this song memorable)
5. Eric Clapton--Lonely Stranger (so relaxing...)
6. Coldplay--Viva La Vida
7. Collective Soul--The World I Know (by the way, pretty much every Collective Soul song rocks--LOVE them!)
8. Collective Soul--Perfect to Stay
9. Collective Soul--Untitled
10. Goo Goo Dolls--Slide
11. Jack Johnson--Better Together (great for bumming around the house)
12. James Taylor--Something In The Way She Moves (love singing along with this!)
13. Kalai--On My Mind (thanks Sara F. for introducing me to Kalai!)
14. Lifehouse--Somewhere In Between
15. Marc Cohn--Don't Talk To Her At Night
16. Marc Cohn--Walking in Memphis
17. Michael Buble--Everything (reminds me of Katie's dating life :), and I've created a few memories of my own as well)
18. Michael Jackson--Beat It (can I just say...DANCE!!!)
19. Silverchair--Straight Lines
20. Nine Days--If I Am (sitting @ Katie's dads house)
21. Norah Jones--Feelin' The Same Way (love it. perfect fall-time music)
22. Rascal Flatts--Like I Am (this one is for Garrett)
23. Tracy Chapman--The Promise (also reminds me of Garrett)
24. Shawn Colvin--Never Saw Blue Like That (so sweet...)
25. Billy Joel--Lullaby (yes Liz & Scott, Billy Joel made the list)
26. The Starting Line--Playing Favorites (fell in love with this song when Garrett was on his mission in Cali--it made me think of him)
27. Keane--Somewhere Only We Know (so great to drive to)
28. AC/DC--You Shook Me All Night Long (what else can be said???)
29. Dave Matthews Band--Old Dirt Hill (I envision Jed dancing to this song on the way to the concert)
30. Frente--Accidently Kelly Street (memories of my childhood)

4 comments:

mary.katherine said...

I LOVE KALAI!! He's great. His concerts are awesome. Have you heard of Amos Lee or Damien Rice? I think those are both amazing artists. Colors by Amos Lee is one of my favorite songs.
I work as a CNA at the American Fork Hospital. My floor is mainly 60+ in age. FUN! :)
I just thought of another good song. Different Names for the Same Thing by Death Cab for Cutie.

Natalie said...

Love jack johnson and michael buble. definitely two of my favorite artists!

Elizabeth said...

Your comment about Billy Joel cracked me up! :)

I might just have to get a cd of these songs for listening enjoyment.

Rowbury Family said...

Hey Christa!!! Its Ashley Garrett. I found your blog from Aubrey's! Your little boy is just so adorable!! If you want to view our blog send me an email at

ashleyrowbury05(at)gamil(dot)com

Its private so I have to send you an invite!