The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

New Year, New Blogging Goals!

I have made it one of my goals for year 2012 to start blogging more (at least 3 times a week!). I always think about how I need to write about the little things that are happening in my life and the life of my children, and I think that blogging is the easiest way for me to do it. SO, this will probably be more for me than anyone else, but I hope anyone who reads will also enjoy.

Grayson is keeping us busy. He is so full of energy! He loves to read, play with tools, loves trains, loves movies and loves to be rowdy with his dad. His new favorite activity is to play with the new member of our family--see below! We bought him Toy Story last night and he is loving it! We watched it together this morning while he was geared up in his cowboy hat and all. Cute little guy.



Grayson has also began potty training. Ugh. I'm not lovin' it. He actually goes #1 very well! He hasn't had many accidents. #2, on the other hand, has not been so easy. He has an accident almost daily. We've only been at it a few days though, so hopefully it will only continue to get better (crossing my fingers!).

Bella is getting so big. It's hard for me to believe that she will be one year old in just a few short weeks. That girl has got me wrapped around her finger. I just love her so much. She is starting to talk up a storm, and it is one of my favorite things! Nothing like listening to little baby talk. So cute. She is also starting to get possessive of her toys and different items she plays with. I always know when Grayson has taken something from her. You can hear her throughout the whole house. She loves her binky and blanky and loves to snuggle. One more thing, the girl LOVES to eat. Generally, she eats twice as much as Grayson. I'm not sure how she manages to stay so small.

We went ice skating last week with the family, and Garrett snapped some pretty adorable shots of her.




Pretty cute.

As to the new member of the family. We got a dog. I still can't believe I said yes to a dog! His name is Hank, and he is a labradoodle (part lab, part poodle). Although I'm not a pet person, I am pretty pleased with him. He is very smart, sheds very minimally and is pretty well tempered with the kids. He has learned to sit, come, kennel and nibble his treats out of your hand. He's cute, but he is BIG already--especially for being only 3 months old. Kind of freaks me out. He is going to be a big boy!



As for me, I'm still working full time nights as a labor and delivery nurse. LOVE my job, but don't love being tired pretty much all of the time. I work 12 hour shifts from 1800-0600. I get home and Garrett leaves to work, so I'm up with the kids all day. Definitely not my choice of schedule, but I guess it's what works best for our family.

Garrett is working on the tree crew for Provo City. He likes it okay but we are both hoping that something better will come along soon. He spends his spare time with me and the kids, hunting and woodworking. You should see his stuff...I'm a little proud of him :).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Woot Woot!! SO happy you are blogging... Now lets teach you how to put it in a book. :)

Christa said...

Erin, I am totally doing this just for the books! Thanks to you, I am blogging again!

Meg said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again! I love reading about your cute little family! Your kids are darling. I didn't realize how close in age our girls are. We should get them together so they can be friends :)

Elizabeth said...

You should be proud of Garrett. :)

He does awesome, awesome stuff.

I have a few comments.

The dog is cute, we need to meet him.

Grayson is even cuter in his cowboy hat.

And that little Bella...I think she has me around her finger, too. I mean...who could not be??