The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Friday, January 06, 2012

Honey Bee

Tuesday was a pretty insignificant day. We got up and had breakfast, and Grayson watched Toy Story and played with Hank. Poor Hank takes a beating from Grayson all the time. I think Grayson loves having the playmate around. He loves to chase him out in the yard and tackle him. It makes me a little nervous that Hank will snap at him, but so far he has been really good about it. I guess it is good...it exercises both of them.

I had us all lay down for a nap a little earlier than usual. I worked Monday night and hadn't slept at all when I got home, and I was exhausted. Usually the kids go down for a nap around at around one in the afternoon. I couldn't make it that far though. It hit eleven, and I was really needing some kind of sleep! We took a good two hour nap. When we woke up, I saw a text from Garrett saying his dad wanted to come and get Grayson for the afternoon. I was so grateful! SO grateful! Since Grayson had already napped, he wouldn't take another for the rest of the day. But Bella would.

Chad came and got Grayson, and I had to wait another hour and a half before we could lay down again. I was in the kitchen with Bella getting her something to eat with the radio on. Blake Shelton's song "Honey Bee" came on. I love that song! I got Bella out of her chair and we danced. Loved that moment. It's nice every once in a while to get some alone time with one child or the other.

Bella was super smiley and giggly, so I snapped some shots of her. Seriously can't get enough of the little thing.






We took a nap, and Bella thankfully slept for another two hours. We woke up kind of late, around five. We got up, and I got dinner ready. Garrett and Grayson got home, and we ate and got kids ready for bed.

I can't even remember what we did that night. Probably went straight to bed. I was exhausted. Just another day at our house.

One extra little tidbit: It kind of cracked me up the other day... I was driving with the kids in the car to a friends house. We passed a house that had a big sleigh in the front yard with a blown up Santa in it. The Santa had deflated a little bit and was basically lying down in the sleigh. Grayson noticed this and piped up from the back seat, "MOM!, Santa's dead!" It made me giggle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just listened to that song. Such a cute song! And the "Santa's Dead" cracks me up!!