The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Sunday, January 08, 2012

My Little Sunbeam

Today is Sunday, and Garrett let me sleep in until ten. It was so nice! When I got up, I went out of our bedroom and into Grayson's. Garrett, Grayson and Bella were in there playing. Grayson had some music on (music from an electric keyboard) and was dancing around the room.

I got in the shower to start getting ready for church. I was drying my hair when Grayson came into the bathroom. I looked up at him (my hair was falling in front of my face), and Grayson ran out of the room exclaiming that I was a witch! Garrett was playing along with him and gave Grayson his sword to come get me. We kind of played for a while like that. I would hide and scare him, and he would search for me with his sword. He also hid from me in his tent--Bella joined him. We had fun.





Grayson is officially a sunbeam in primary. I can't believe it! He just barely turned three in December, so he is a young sunbeam. I took a picture of him after church...today was his second week in primary, and it did not go very well.



Sacrament meeting was a little hectic. We have 1 o'clock church now which is right in the middle of nap time. Bella was tired and fussy, and Grayson was just busy. After sacrament meeting, I took Grayson to the bathroom (he wore underwear to church), and he peed AND pooped! I was feeling good about things because I wasn't nervous about him having an accident in primary.

I play the piano in primary, and it has made it hard for Grayson to sit with his class. We got to primary, and he refused to sit with his class. He came and sat with me at the piano. We got through the opening exercises just fine. Right in the middle of singing time, I started smelling something stinky. Grayson pooped his pants. I had someone else come play for me, and we went into the bathroom. I had to strip down his pants and clean him up as best I could because I couldn't just leave at that point. I should have just put him in a diaper before church...

We went back into primary, and I tried one more time to get him to sit with his class. He wouldn't. When it was time for the sunbeams to leave, I had to go with Grayson into his class. Unfortunately he was the only sunbeam there today, so that didn't help. His teachers talked to him for a minute about various things (Lightening McQueen, Toy Story, fire trucks, etc.) and gave him a treat. Since he was the only sunbeam there we thought it would just be better for him to go into nursery. I tried to take him into nursery and he threw a fit. Basically I had Grayson with me the whole time. I wouldn't mind it so much except that it's kind of hard with my calling. I just hope that it gets better. It gets better right?

Anyway, that's basically how primary is going.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh the joys of motherhood. 1 o'clock church sucks!! I'm sorry it wasn't so much fun... he looks so darn cute though!