The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Thursday, February 09, 2012

1500 Pinochole!!!

I would say that Pinochole is one of my family's very favorite card games. Whenever there is a family get together, it usually involves a hand of Pinochole. So, on January 28th my family got together and my grandparents house to have a Pinochole night. My grandma prepared some spaghetti and treats and we all played games. Sarah, Susan, Liz and I played together on this particular night. Liz and I were almost tied with Sarah and Susan when I got dealt a pretty amazing hand. If you bid on a suit, take the bid and get every card in that suit, you win the game. A hand like that gives you 1500 point--which is the point value you play to in any game. Here is my beautiful hand and me showing how excited I was about it:




Gotta appreciate a hand like that. My grandpa told me that night that he has been playing Pinochole for 80 years and he has only gotten 1500 Pinochole once. I'm pretty sure I will remember this for a long time.

Oh, and here are all of my beautiful sisters on grandpa's couch.

No comments: