The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Monday, April 16, 2012

Saturday Activities

Yesterday was Saturday--a very productive Saturday. I worked on Friday night, so I planned to sleep until about noon or one. We actually woke up to a phone call from my brother in law informing us that he was a few minutes away--bringing us a dog kennel/dog run and a chicken coop. Garrett got up and went outside to help unload all of the stuff, and I continued to sleep. I finally got up around noon because the house was just kind of loud. The kids were laughing/crying and it just wasn't helping me sleep. 

I got up and went downstairs to eat some breakfast. Garrett and Grayson left to go get some gas for the lawn mower, then went to IFA to get some lawn fertilizer. When they came home, I left with the dog to go running. I went on the most beautiful run. I ran the Salem Canal Road all the way into Payson. It is such a pretty, quiet road. I really enjoyed it. When I got into Payson, I ran around the hospital, and then turned toward home and ran the highway home. It turned out to be a 6.5 mile run, and I felt fabulous the whole way. I love those running days--the ones where you just feel good. The weather was perfect also. It was overcast, and there was some sprinkling rain here and there--perfect. 

When we got home, I gave Hank a bone and he happily chewed his bone on the front lawn for several hours while Garrett, Grayson and I worked in the yard. While I was out running, Garrett mowed and fertilized the lawn. I helped him mow another portion of the lawn once I was home, and Garrett began to trim some trees in the backyard. He trimmed quite a bit, and I must say that they look really good. 

While we were doing this and that in the yard, Grayson took it upon himself to unload the trailer that is parked by our garage all by himself. I guess he figured that he needed to do some work also.


Garrett worked so hard in the yard on Saturday and I appreciate it so much. He spent a solid 6 hours working in the yard. At the end of the day, both of us sat back and enjoyed the yard. It looked beautiful. I really love our house...

In the midst of the yard work, my dad came down to bring us some DELICIOUS olive oil and balsamic vinegar that he got from this place in Salt Lake. Oh my gosh. So good.

I had to go to the store to pick up a few things for dinner, so my dad came along to help with the kids. I got stuff to make some home made hamburgers--some meat, buns, chips and salad stuff. My dad left to go home from the store, and I went home to get dinner started. While Garrett grilled the hamburger patties, I made a green salad with veggies and strawberries. I topped it with a dressing made from the oil and vinegar my dad brought down. It was divine. The hamburgers were divine too. There is something about eating a home grilled hamburger after a day of yard work. Tastes so yummy--especially with all of the deliciousness that Garrett puts into the meat. Yum.

After dinner we gave the kids a bath and put them to bed. They were totally hashed. Once they were asleep, we helped ourselves to a diet coke and settled down for a movie. Aaah, such a good day.


No comments: