The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Monday, April 30, 2012

Prayers

About a week ago, I sat down with Grayson for dinner and helped him say the prayer to bless the food. In every prayer, we always go through a list that we are thankful for. Usually I will prompt Grayson by saying, "What are you thankful for?", and he will then provide a list. After he says each thing, though, he expects me to repeat after him.

On this particular night I, like usual, asked him what he was thankful for. I don't remember the first thing he was thankful for, but the second thing that came out of his mouth was...."My penis." I started giggling and tried to brush past it without repeating it after him by saying something like, "Uh-huh, and what else?" Apparently this response wouldn't do because he paused, looked at me and repeated, "My penis!" I couldn't get myself to repeat his words in a prayer...plus, I was giggling too much to keep praying anyway. I don't remember what I said to make him move on but he eventually did. CRACKED me up! 

I guess it's a good thing to be thankful for???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This still just cracks me up!!

Elizabeth said...

I'm a lovin me this story.