The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

life is good

Wow, I have so much to catch up on. I haven't blogged in so long mainly because of school. School has been so extremely stressful for me this semester. It was my first semester in the nursing program and it was pure miracle that I got through it passing all of my classes. It was sooo hard. Actually, I really only struggled with one class--pharmacology. That class sent me into stress induced convulsions many times. But...the good news is...I took my LAST FINAL TODAY! Wahoo...I'M DONE! And even better--I passed. What a huge relief. So now I'm off to Vegas for the week with Team Table 2 (TT2)--I talked about them in earlier posts. I'm so stoked. We are going for the week to relax, sit next to a pool to soak in some warm sun, eat goodies, watch movies, talk, laugh and enjoy the school free zone. Look forward to my next post about the vacation--should be exciting. Well, I'm trying to decide what to write about.. We will start with this:


















This was such a great night. K and R (where's Waldo) convinced S and I to go to "Dancing Through the Decades"--a dance put on by Westminster. We had such a great time. It was held at the downtown Marriot. We went and danced the night away. I spent most of the night dancing with S who is, what I like to call, a "unique" dancer (he hates it being put that way). He reminds me somewhat of Napolean Dynamite. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, go rent the movie. It is worth watching the whole movie for the five minute dance scene. S and I also gave each other battle wounds this night--both on accident--somewhat. As we were walking in the garage to enter in the building, S performed what he calls "The Flying Knee" on me. He didn't actually mean to hit me with the knee, but that is what ended up happening and this is what I ended up with:
























Ouch is right. And it was worse than it looks. Later that evening, while S and I were dancing, we attempted this dance move that involved fanning the legs out while the other partner ducked under the leg. It was my turn to fan out--somehow I messed up the rhythm and went to soon and kicked S right in the noggin. I figured that made us even. We are still friends.

Another night was spent gluing a dollar bill to the ground and then crossing the street to observe all of those who attempted to pick it up. This was great entertainment. We got several good laughs. Here are the culprits:



















A couple of days ago on Sunday, I was down in Provo to spend some time with G and to also just relax. After church and talking to neighbors, G and I took off up the canyon to walk around Sundance. It had been a while since I have been up there and I forgot how gorgeous it is. As we were driving in the canyon, I realized how much I love the natural beauties of the earth and especially of this state. As we got out of the car and walked around Sundance, it struck me again that Heavenly Father has given us a great gift by placing us here on this earth surrounded by His creations that testify of Him every single day. The weather was WONDERFUL though--it brought back a lot of good (and bad) memories of being up at Sundance as a kid. I remember one night we were up there watching a play sitting on the grass and about to enjoy a fresh cup of HOT hot cocoa. Unfortunately, the lid that was put onto my cup was too big, and as soon as I went to take a sip, the lid came right off. This resulted in spillage all over my chest and furthermore, burns. Not fun. Other than this, I have had many fond memories in this place. I couldn't have thought of a better place to spend a Sunday evening--one that provoked a lot of thought.

That's all for now. I will be back in a week!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I was so excited to see a new post from you. :)
Love the friends photo, and you crack me up re: leg fanning of the sentence at the end: We are still friends. I can imagine you and S arguing the whole rest of the night about it and using it as leverage even now.
Good job on finishing your last final. I am sure that was such a relief!! Wahoo!
Love the photo of you and G up the canyon. You guys look so happy.
Have fun in Vegas! I'll be missing you.

Messimoo said...

Have fun in Vegas. Thanks for entering blogging world for a little bit. I was wondering what was going on in your fun life. Can't wait to see pics of you vacA!!!!!

Casee said...

Good job on the final, that is awesome! I love hearing about all of your adventures.. have a great vacation, can't wait to hear about it!