The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Wonderful Aunt

I love my aunt Dianne. I was over to Dianne and Fords place for dinner just this last Sunday (as I am every sunday), and I had such a good time. We had dinner and napped around for a while, and then at around 5:30 or so we all started to stir again. It was then that my aunt and I started talking. Our conversation started at 6 PM and didn't end until 1 AM. We have done this once before, and that time I was lying on her bed with her chatting until the early morn--very good experience. On Sunday though, we just stayed in the kitchen and started talking about everything. I LOVED it. I was thinking to myself as I was driving over--wondering if I was going to say anything to her about the rough week I've had. I decided that I wouldn't, but as soon as we got to talking, everything spilled out. I was really grateful to have her as a listening ear. She heard me out and talked me through a lot of it and it was just very helpful. We talked about all sorts of things though. I think my favorite part of talking to her though is hearing all of her stories. She has so many stories that she just loves to share. I love it because it lets me get to know her just a little bit better. She is such a fabulous woman--and a good one at that. She has the most genuine heart. Another thing I love about our conversations is that we usually end up in quite a few stitches of giggles. I can remember a few times specifically where we have both been laughing out of control with tears streaming down our faces. What a blessing it is for me to be able to know her. When I was driving home that night I got thinking about how my life has been blessed by moving to Salt Lake if anything by just getting to spend more time with my aunt and uncle. They are the only set of aunts and uncles that I really feel close to. I see them as my other parents. They make me feel happy. Again, I feel so incredibly blessed to know them and have them in my life. I have had the wonderful opportunity in the last year to really spend a lot of one on one time with them and develop a special relationship with them. Here is a shout out of love to them!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I think she is special, too. I am SO very glad that you guys have been able to develop such a unique and wonderful relationship. I think it's cool that you were able to talk with her about the events of the week. I am sure she was a great person to talk to. I love the feeling of being able to get to know family, and loving them even more, and then feeling even more grateful that they are part of YOUR actual family. Am I making sense? :)
p.s. I just read your comment on my blog, and I miss you too!!
Love you bunches.

Elizabeth said...

p.s. Do they know about your blog so they could read about how special you think they are? :) I am going to send them a link to my blog, and maybe I'll just slip in a little note that they need to read yours as well (and give them the address, of course). :)
xoxoxo

Casee said...

That's awesome Chris! I love getting to know my family a little bit better. I realized recently there are a lot of things that I don't even know about my own parents, let alone aunts and uncles. The more I learn, the more I love them and I can't wait to learn more. I am so glad that you were able to get to know them a little better over the course of the last year or so, that is great. You will cherish those moments throughout your life!

Messimoo said...

Hey Christa, I am soooo glad you have someone you can talk to like that and that you have become closer. It's always nice when you have a listening ear and even better when it is a family member. You're wonderful!