The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Update...

Ok, so it has been a while since I have posted. I will just give all ya'll an update of what has been going on with me. A LOT has been going on.

First of all, I have just been accepted into the Westminster School of Nursing, so that is my most recent exciting news. It has lifted a huge weight off of my chest. I'm already dreading next semester though. The first semester in the program is supposedly the worst. It is going to be packed. I'm a little worried. But the good news is that I'm in.

Second, my best friend comes home from the mission in 3 months. I'm starting to freak out. How can two years go by so fast? I'm really worried and nervous, but I'm super excited at the same time. It will be nice to have the one person that knows all of me around again. I don't know why I'm so scared. I think it is because I have created a life without him -- a new social network, a new home, a new school, a new life... I keep asking myself how it will all work out and how he will fit into everything I have created, but I'm sure it will work out the way it is supposed to. And really...when it comes right down to it, I can't wait to be with him. After two years of writing every week, it will be nice to have him here instead of hundreds of miles away. He comes home March 6th. Wow...

This semester is a week and a half away from being over for me. That is great news in and of itself! Maybe I will celebrate by doing leaps down the streets.

I have started a new exercise program for myself that I am really enjoying. I have started to lift again and I can already tell the difference. I am lifting three times a week and doing cardio the other three. It feels great! Sometimes I forget how much I love to work out.

I have taken up country dancing. I dance all the time in general, but you actually have to KNOW how to country dance. I started doing it a lot last spring, but I never really succeeded in learning. I can now country dance. I'm still not amazing and definitely do not know everything, but it sure is fun and I am determined to learn the most I can.

Hmm....I think that is all that I can say is really NEW. I will try and blog a bit more!

3 comments:

Casee said...

Christa! It is so good to hear from you! I am glad to get the update on your life. Congratulations! That is SO awesome, you totally deserve it! I can't believe that Garrett is coming home that soon, it doesn't feel like that much time has passed (for me, anyway.) That is exciting! I think you are great and I am glad to hear that things are going well for you! You need to come to the reception with Liz and Scott, I would love to see you!

Elizabeth said...

I want to see you do leaps down the street. Actually, come down to Provo, and I'LL DO THEM WITH YOU!!!!!

Wahoo and congrats on getting accepted to the nursing program. I think you're amazing and they NEED to have you there. :)

p.s. I think you need to come to the reception, too.

Becca said...

Christa, CONGRATULATIONS on nursing school! I never doubted you'd make it but it's nice to know it's official.

By all means celebrate with leaps and ... forego the trip the AZ. (please?) I'm still hoping that maybe all 5 girls can be in the same room sometime this month but I understand the social tugs.

Congrats, congrats, congrats.