The Groesbeck's

The Groesbeck's

Monday, October 24, 2005

Feelings of Love

Yesterday (Sunday) was such a great day! I went to church which was okay. Later that night at 6:00 I got to go and hear Elder Ballard speak at a fireside. What a wonderful opportunity that was. I have never been in the same room of a general authority before, so it was quite a good experience. I went with a friend who isn't a member of the church. It was really good because we were both able to get to know each other better, and she was able to see more about who I am.
I really appreciated Elder Ballards talk. He talked about who we are as sons and daughters of God and where we came from. It was excellent. I commented to Sara afterwards that I just love to hear the general authorities speak because they always make me feel so good about myself. I was reminded that I have a purpose in this life and that God really does love me. Remembering that can be hard from day to day as I get caught up in school and in my personal life. His talk was directed more to investigators and non-members, but I also felt that it was good for me to hear. He reminded me of all the things that I haven't paid attention to in a while.
After the fireside, I went to Diane and Fords house. I saw Jeffrey, which is always a delight, but I also got to spend a lot of time talking with Diane (and Ford a little though he was in bed due to his surgery). While I was talking with Ford I had an overwhelming sense of gratitude that they are a part of my life. I started getting a little emotional, but I tried to control it. I just love them so much....and all of my family for that matter. As I was driving back home, I sat and thought of all of my family and how much they mean to me......they mean so much. I became aware (for the millionth time) of how much I love my family. I have the best family in the world!
That was my Sunday. It was filled with thoughts of love and I was grateful for that.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE _YOU_ too!
I liked your comment about how hearing general authorities talk makes you feel good about yourself. I have never really thought about that a whole lot, but I feel the same way. I love hearing other people's thoughts/perspectives (maybe that's why I like this blogging so much), because it always seems to open up my mind so much more. Thanks. Love you most!

Geo said...

Hi, Christa. I just discovered you're blogging! What a wonderful thing it is to be able to read the musings of people you care about but don't often get to talk to. A whole new world of appreciation opens up. I think you're beautiful inside and outside.

Becca said...

christa, just came back to the blogging world today and what a reward in your post! i love reading what you have to say--especially when you say you love me and mine, just kidding! what was sara's reaction to the fireside?